Digital and innovation
This page provides information on the Digital and innovation priority theme.
This work aims to ensure the New Zealand regulatory system facilitates innovation that improves outcomes for customers and participants of the financial system.
It does this by:
- monitoring relevant trends and developments proactively to identify risks and opportunities in the Fintech space
- providing coordinated joint responses where necessary.
The workstream supports agencies to coordinate their approaches to innovation and information sharing.
This focus group is progressing towards a more coordinated approach to industry engagement.
It has established a single point of regulatory support and guidance for the fintech industry which can consider fintech regulatory enquiries directed at any of the CoFR agencies. More details at www.fintech.govt.nz
The fintech group is also developing a guide that outlines how Fintech fits within the current regulatory regime. The guide will support improved regulatory coordination with industry participants.
News and reports
- Cryptoassets: a statement from the Council of Financial Regulators
- Consultation on regulating merchant service fees (MBIE)
- Consumer Data Right (MBIE)
- Retail payment systems and open banking (MBIE)
- Innovation (FMA)
- FinTech (RBNZ)
- Cryptocurrencies (FMA)
- Information for Virtual Asset Service Providers (DIA)